WWRC Foundation Receives Grants
The Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center Foundation is pleased to announce the recent receipt of generous grants and gifts.
- A $1,000 from McKee Foods Corporation to support the WWRC greenhouse program
- A forklift donated by Dominion Resources for the WWRC Materials Handling training program Click here for video
- A $4,ooo grant from the Jessie Ball duPont fund for assistance on developing a case for support of Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center Foundation as well as print materials
- A $34,400 grant from the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation to purchase a new car, install hand-control equipment, and provide a part-time driving instructor for the WWRC Driving Program to improve services for individuals with spinal cord injuries
- A $2,000 grant from Target for live music at WWRC
- A $2,500 grant and volunteers services from Dominion Resources to develop blue prints for a greenhouse and to install the greenhouse
- A $10,000 gift from Aladdin Foods for a campus greenhouse
- A Circuit Rider Grant from the Virginia Association of Museum’s Virginia Collections Initiative will provide an archivist to consult and help develop a plan for the Center’s archives from the Mary Switzer Collection
- A $10,000 grant from the Community Foundation Center Blue Ridge to maintain and expand access to public transportation for WWRC students, increasing access to jobs, internships, and off-campus education
- A $5,000 grant from The Dominion Foundation will help provide an exercise physiologist for the WWRC student Fitness Center
We thank these donors so much for supporting our efforts!