Since 1947, the Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center has provided comprehensive medical and vocational rehabilitation to prepare individuals with disabilities for employment and independence.
People come to the Center from across Virginia because they can get all the services they need in one place, including vocational evaluation, medical treatment, job training, physical therapy, adaptive technology, driving lessons, recreational therapy and independent living assistance.
Although a state facility, the Center has a limited operating budget which makes it challenging to meet the demand for its specialized programs.
To continue serving more than 3000 people a year, the Center need your help. Your gift to the WWRC Foundation will support a variety of Center programs not funded by state support. For example, your unrestricted gift could provide:
- an exercise physiologist for the student Fitness Center
- supplies for recreational rehabilitation in the art studio
- maintenance of the Star Trail, an accessible nature trail
- a generator so vocational evaluation and training can continue during power outages
- new mattresses and furniture for the dormitories
- added instructors to reduce the waiting list for the driving program
- continuing education and training for Center staff
- equipment for vocational training, physical therapy and occupational therapy
Your gift to the WWRC Foundation will help reduce the waiting list for services at the Center, enhance the student experience, and maintain the Center’s tradition as a national leader in the field of rehabilitation.
With your help, over 3,000 people a year can gain their independence and enter the work force.